We take the collection, usage and security of your personal data seriously.
How we use and protect your personal data
Last updated: 16 May 2018
Who we are
Creativedge Training & Development Ltd (“we“, “our“, “us” or “Creativedge”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Creativedge, is a limited company (with company number 4832241) registered at 4 Claridge Court, Lower Kings Road, Berkhamsted, Herts, HP4 2AF.
Creativedge Training & Development is a specialist bite-size training provider delivering training solutions to organisations across multiple sectors within the UK and globally.
Our data protection officer for the purpose of applicable data protection law may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or would like to discuss further, you can call us on: 01908 232725.
You can find more information about us by clicking here: https://www.creativedgetraining.co.uk/about-us/.
Our commitment and obligations to you
We take the collection, usage and security of your personal data seriously.
We can only use your personal data under law if we have a good reason for doing so. The law provides examples of those reasons.
- To perform or fulfil a contract we have with you; or
- If we have a legal duty; or
- If it is within our legitimate business interest; or
- If there is a public interest reason for doing so; or
- If you have given your consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. If we rely on our legitimate interest, we will tell you what that is.
Types of personal data
- Basic personal information including name and address, date of birth and contact details.
- Business information including name, job title, company, business or personal email address and phone numbers.
- Customer Relationship Data
- Payment Transactions Data
- Communications Data
- Technical Information (IP / Cookies)
- Location Data
What personal data we collect and where from
You may give us information about you:
When filling in forms on our website https://www.creativedgetraining.co.uk (“our site“) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you attend our training, events and/or services, complete a survey, sign up to a newsletter, report a problem with our site, request further services. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, and personal description;
When applying for a role or position within Creativedge either online, via third party sites and/or direct contact made with Creativedge. This information may include your employment history, resume / CV, past salary information and other contact and personal information;
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as clicks), cookies and methods used to browse away the page.
Information received from exhibitions, events and training.
We may collect data about you when you attend any of our exhibitions, events and training sessions. This may be collected via a badge scanner, business card information you have provided to a Creativedge employee or where you have been invited, nominated or otherwise requested to attend one of our events or training sessions. This information may include your name, job title, company, business or personal email address, phone numbers (business or personal).
Information received from other sources.
- We may receive information from other sources, such as advertising networks, analytics providers or publicly accessible data.
- Offers and promotions to you via our site, any other websites we operate or other services we provide.
What do we use your personal information for?
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including providing services to you; including events and training;
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device or to provide you with content which we feel may interest you, where (if required to do so) you have consented to be contacted for such purposes:
to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so; and to notify you about changes to our services.
As a business, it is critical that we perform our contract with you with the best service possible, and it is in our legitimate interest to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our products and organisation.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Here is a list of all the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons we rely on to do so. This is also where we tell you what our legitimate interests are
[table id=1 /]
We carry user data of Creativedge personnel (and those wishing to become personnel of Creativedge) for the following reasons:
[table id=2 /]
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookie files stored on your computer or device (“cookies“). Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a website. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
E-mail marketing and newsletters
We may make suggestions and recommendations to you following attendance at our exhibitions, events, training sessions and/or associated meetings that we think may be of interest to you or members of your team / organisation. We will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about events, training solutions, services and products similar to those which you have shown an interest in. We also may contact you by phone or via post.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your information, or you can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by following the directions contained in the marketing email to unsubscribe. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy very seriously and we’ll only share your information where:
- we need to for the purposes of providing you with products or services you have requested;
- we have a legal duty to do so.
- we have asked you for your permission to share it, and you’ve agreed.
We may share with third parties, including:
- Suppliers or subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website;
- if Creativedge is acquired by (or all of its assets are acquired by) a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers, subscribers and learners will be one of the transferred assets.
Security of your personal data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our site; any transmission of your data is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we keep your information
We will retain your personal information for as long as you use our services and for a reasonable time thereafter. After you have terminated your use of our services, we will remove and delete your personal information securely.
Access to information. The Data Protection Laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with Data Protection Laws by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consent. You may withdraw your consent to any processing of your personal data at any time by contacting email@example.com.
- Rectification. You have the right to rectify any personal data held about you that is inaccurate. Your right of rectification can be exercised by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Erasure. You may have the right to erasure of personal data held about you by contacting us at email@example.com..
- Complaints or Objecting. In the event that you wish to object to or make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org. and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.