Search our courses, news and more!
Learn how to spot the ‘monkeys’ and expand your discretionary time.
- Your management style and monkeys
- What is a ‘monkey’?
- Where your management time goes
- The 4 rules of monkey management
- Monkey spotting – becoming savvy
Learn how to create the conditions for your people to succeed.
- The last 10 days – motivation and you
- Your motivation formula?
- Key motivators at work
- 6 principles for motivating others
- Applying the principles to your team
Learn how to develop and implement effective plans.
- Planning – measure twice, cut once!
- Key stages in effective planning
- Useful planning tools and techniques
- Monitoring and contingency planning
- Planning exercise
Learn how to deliver productive informal review sessions.
- The benefits of ongoing 1-1 reviews
- Common manager mistakes
- The 3-step review structure
- Key reviewer skills
- Case studies – applying the skills
Learn how to conduct professional interviews and select the right person.
- The cost of getting it wrong?
- Ready – getting yourself prepared
- Set – structuring the interview
- Go – leading the discussion
- Assessing candidate performance
Learn how to identify and create powerful goals and objectives.
- Goal setting – benefits and myths
- Goals v objectives?
- Writing powerful objectives
- Applying techniques to your own team
- Manager’s role – support and challenge
Learn how to apply the key drivers and actively engage your people.
- Engagement – what and why?
- The 3 levels of engagement
- Rules of engagement for managers
- The 8C’s – the employee’s perspective
- Identifying practical actions
Learn how to become a more focused, organised and productive manager.
- The demands on your management time
- Assessment – how organised are you?
- 4 types of manager: focus/energy matrix
- Strengthening your current approach
- Techniques for success
Learn how to use the 3 secrets of effective management.
- One minute thought starters…
- Goal setting
- Catching people doing things right!
- Dealing with poor performance
- The ABC’s of management
Learn how to make your learning fun and effective – the ‘SIMPLer’ way.
- Getting into the right state
- Discover your preferred input style
- How to ‘make it your own’
- Top memory tips
- Using the review cycle