Search our courses, news and more!
Our 90 minute bite-size sessions are a great way to get quick practical tips and advice during your highly engaging and interactive virtual training. This CPD accredited session is worth 2 points.
Everybody has it, and everybody talks about it, but nobody really knows what stress is… Why?
Because stress signifies different things for each of us, and also really is so different for each of us.
Stress is an unavoidable consequence of life. There are some stresses you CAN do something about, and others you CAN’T hope to avoid or control. The trick… is in learning to distinguish between the two.
Stress is an unfortunate fact of modern life. However pressure can have a beneficial effect, providing the extra ‘buzz’ needed to achieve a challenging deadline or find a solution to a difficult problem.
There are many pressures at work, but there is only one source of STRESS… YOU! Because stress is an individual’s response to pressure, YOU will always be the source of your own stress. Your stress will be the result of your own response to the pressures you experience at work.
Learn how to recognise and deal with your stressors at work…
- Stress or pressure?
- Primary causes and symptoms of stress
- The 5 personality drivers and stress
- Your support network
- Practical coping strategies
Learn how to make the most of your unique strengths and talents.
- Strengths and weaknesses?
- Characteristics of a strength
- The 3 key ‘clues’ to your strengths
- Identifying your strengths
- Putting your strengths to work
Learn how to get the best from your appraisal review.
- Appraisal – your hopes and concerns?
- Taking a proactive approach
- Actions checklist – before, during and after
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Skills practice
Learn how to be proactive and build the career success you want.
- Career quiz: where are you at now?
- Your ideal job role
- Uncovering your ‘career anchors’
- Employability model
- Top tips for career planning
Learn how to work effectively with those people who want more, better and faster.
- The 3 key issues in managing expectations
- Communication and avoiding conflicting messages
- Information Gathering – what do they really need?
- Clarifying perceptions and managing uncertainties
- Saying ‘No’ and building win-win relationships
Learn how to build a constructive relationship with your boss.
- What’s it like managing you?
- Understanding your boss’s priorities
- Working with different styles of manager
- Top tips to make an impact
- Identifying practical actions
Learn how to make the most of working with your mentor…
- Mentoring – what and why?
- Role and qualities of a good mentor
- How to be an effective mentee
- The 5C structured mentoring model
- Contracting with your mentor
Learn how to think positively, take control and make a real difference.
- It all starts with you!
- Avoiding the victim mindset
- The accountable attitude and payoffs
- Tackling personal ‘response-ability’
- Action: how I can make a difference?
Learn how to apply the 7 habits of highly effective people.
- The 7 habits – overview
- Proactivity, planning and prioritising
- Building win-win relationships
- Staying sharp and balanced
- Actions to develop your effectiveness?
Learn how to build positive profile and impact with others.
- Who made an impact on you?
- Factors that influence impact on others
- Perception and first impressions
- Developing your personal impact
- 10 top tips for success